For over sixty years Hope has faithfully proclaimed the good news of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. If you are considering Hope as a new church or are just interested in knowing more, here are some of our core beliefs along with scripture references for you to consult. At Hope Evangelical Lutheran Church we believe:
- That God is one being in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; also known as the Triune God (Matthew 28:19).
- That Jesus is true God and true man (John 1:14).
- That God so loved the world that He sent Jesus, His one and only Son to die on the cross for our sin, that whoever believes in Him might have the remission of all sin and the gift of eternal life (John 3:16).
- That the Holy Spirit brings these gifts to sinful mankind through the ‘means of grace’; namely, God’s Holy Word and His sacraments (Romans 10:17, 1 John 1:7, Titus 3:5-7).
- That the Bible is the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit as He moved men to write it. The Bible is without error, true in all parts and completely trustworthy for all life (2 Peter 1:21).
- That there are two sacraments; namely Holy Baptism and the Sacrament of the Altar. In Baptism God washes away our sin and joins us to the Body of Christ (Acts 2:28-39). In the Sacrament of the Altar we receive the true body and blood of Jesus Christ in, under, and with the bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins and the strengthening of our faith (Matthew 26:26-28).